Wednesday, July 1, 2020

little happies

I set out on morning errands and from the get go knew that it just wasn't to be my day to catch a break.  I left my ID at my client's house and had to go back to town to get it.  Stopped for gas and the cap rolled under the car ending up with me on my hands and knees in that nasty ass parking lot.  Then I forgot the ice I had bought and had to turn around to retrieve.  On a side trip I went into Buff City and got sale soap.  Plus a reward buck!

But you know what?  That's little petty stuff that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  People all over are hurting and grieving loss after loss.  Two of my old friends died this week.  I had not seen either of them in years but have fond memories.  I remember for my 50th birthday Toby rigged up the pontoon so the girl tribe could take me out on the lake.  And Rodger was host to many a brain fry which was a famous local event held in his Dad's barn.  Wayyyyy back in the day, mind you.  

We were wild and free back then, now knowing what was in front of our generation of baby boomers.  The COVID thing that many people claim is a hoax is running rampant.  But for the most part, the 80s were boom time for America.  Until the big crash.  

It makes no sense whatever to me for folks to play the market but then I'm a simple kind of gal living on a fixed income.  I was enrolled in a 403b at one time but had to take a loan out it and then pay ridiculous taxes.  Never once did I consider the 401K of my last employer.  Their stock went from a high of 60 bucks to about four dollars last time I looked.  I have no dog in that fight anymore thankfully.  

My mailbox is full of collection notices from the surgery and I'm trying to wade through all of that.  I mean, I have nothing for anybody to take.  Seriously.  Well I guess they could seize my dogs and cat.  We had a downpour yesterday right after I watered the garden so it should be good for a bit.  A friend brought me by some fish he had caught and others dropped by a visit.  It was a good, full day.  

Let's all make an extra point of being nice to others.  If you practice, it becomes habit.  You don't know what the hell the person next to you is going through.  Be polite.  Social distance  Wear your damn mask!  

That is all.  Peace be still ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment