Thursday, July 9, 2020

one more nail in the coffin

I rejoice, as do many of you, that SCOTUS has ruled that Trump's tax records are fair game.  I would seriously hate to be the paralegal and or prosecutor sorting through all those loopholes, but it is a win for the American people.  I heard he went on a Twitter meltdown after, but then that's nothing new.  Any criminal charges against him will be waiting when he leaves office.  Ain't nowhere to hide buddy.  

I went for a little Vitamin D therapy this morning at the beautiful pool of friends.  When there was a quiet spell between golf carts, I found myself remembering yesterday's noon devo by a teen who urged us to pray whenever and whatever.  So I laid there in the sun on a float and prayed the Lord's Prayer.  There was no "we" or "us" as I was alone, but it was collectively for the world.  We need to pray about all this.  The closest hospital to Dyersburg that is capable of major surgery is at 90% bed and ICU capacity due to the COVID surge in and around Madison County.  When I had my emergency I could't even be transferred there because they had no pulmonology coverage.  It's a very sad state of affairs with our healthcare system.

As the bills mount, I am waiting for a formal resolution of my Marketplace Appeal so I can figure out what's what.  The sweetheart that I talked with at the appeals center actually told me congratulations on winning because she could see how long I had been fighting it.  They take really good notes.  I'm sitting on all of it until i get some advice on how to proceed because....it's complicated.  Though they deemed that I was indeed eligible for coverage on Jan 1, 2020, I was issued another policy on Feb 1 where the girnormous out of pocket started all over again.  You see the catch 22 there?  Ayep.  I honestly do not see how anyone can navigate the healthcare system without one or more advocates.  I consider myself pretty knowledgable and I'm covered up in paper.  

I did something yesterday that I rarely do which is delete a couple of "acquaintances."   It was not because they are polar opposite of me politcally but because they have never once said anything nice or liked a picture of my cute kid or anything other than like something that is pro-Trump.  These are not friends.  They were not there for me when the going was tough.  The unfriending will continue, not because I want to have my beliefs spewed back at me, but because of the true definition of friend.  

FedEx delivered my colostomy supplies today and I have managed to get current with that provider as well as electric and even DL renewal.  I try to chip away at it as best I can.  All you can do is the next right thing.

Peace out kids ^j^








1 comment: