Sunday, July 26, 2020

surprise!

Bubba called to let me know that the nekkid ladies are in full bloom down at the cabin.  Mine haven't even started to appear yet.  They always remind me of when Daddy died five years ago on August 4th.  That probably has a lot to do with my recent sadness.  I don't dwell on it, I just let the memories and the tears flow.  The girls just left and we had fun in the waterhose.  

The two dog alarm went off and I was met by a masked Wayner at the door who brought me some books.  By grace, two of them are ones that I have read and wanted to read again by Melody Beattie.  She is the one who schooled me on co-dependency many years ago.  Well, she and John Bradshaw and Scott Peck.  I remember when I first read The Road Less Traveled and the light went on.  I saw Bradshaw speak once in Memphis and it was great.  I've always been a self help nut since I went into therapy in my early thirties.  

Some people say I think too much and sometimes I do.  I don't dwell on negative things but stretch the limits of my spirituality by looking to nature and the earth and random things for guidance.  I listen for the Holy Spirit.  

Today there will be no rant, only thankfulness for life and love^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment