Tuesday, July 28, 2020

oppressive

That is how I would describe the heat about now.  I haven't broken a get your hair wet sweat in a long time but today was an exception.  I ran some errands for a client and hauled a TV to my car and that about did me in.  The television remains in the car, BTW.  I ain't up to hauling it up those big ass steps.  As I was stepping down Larry's porch and through the garden of eden I kept telling myself "don't drop it."  Yes, I am an old lady.  You will be too some day.  Or an old geezer.

So, the plan with said TV is to get an HDMI cable from my buddy Steve and biggify my laptop.  Because I'm an old lady and don't see too good.  All this teeny tiny stuff on a laptop wears me out!  That is why I type in bold and makes lots of mistakes on social media.  Ha.  If only that was all we had to worry about.

The Senate has presented their bill.  The most controversial piece is that unemployment benefits from the feds will go down by four hundred bucks.  I see both sides of this, actually.  I just hope this doesn't turn into a pissing contest on party lines when people need the help.   Maybe go from six to three.  Compromise people.  I know, I know.  There's a lot of defense spending hidden up in there which we all know about.  That we are at the point where we must expand military control concerns me a lot.  What does federal defense have to do with COVID?  I guess we will capture it with a blackhawk chopper.  Don't forget who stands to profit from this.  Like Blackwater, etc.  

Anyhoo....those are my thoughts on the current state of our union.  I am not happy and I think our healthcare infrastrure is stretched to the limit.  No, it's not going away, mostly because people won't wear masks.  When I was at Kroger today some guy tried to slip in through the exit door without one and me and the cart guy both told NOOOOO!  "I forgot it" he said.  I've had to make myself keep them in the car and still forget to put it on until I'm halfway in the store.  Geez.  I protect you, you protect me.  

Carry on with faith and hope ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment