Thursday, July 2, 2020

race to the finish

Well, I thought I had seen it all until I spotted a Trump2020 car that will run 8 Nascar races. And who is the sponsor?  None other than some Republican super PAC.  Way to use those donations guys.  I see the logic.  Sponsor a fast car in the months prior to the election and try to win.  Like win YUGE.  I would be scared to drive that car personally fearing that it would pull a Big E on me  Or get run over by the pack.  Many trumpsters ... not all, are NASCAR fans so he's kind of preaching to the choir.  

I wore my controversial shirt to the store today and nobody even noticed.  I can't wait for some cracker to get in my face and I can call the law.  I was all masked up as usual and saw none other than mine.  I just do not get it.  Here's a tip y'all: if you do not do it voluntarily it will be mandated and cost you some money in fines.  And please don't bitch about your constitutional rights.  This is a global health emergency where Europe has declined to accept any travelers from the US.  Yes, that's how bad we're dealing with it.  Testing labs are now way backlogged due to the surge that followed opening up bars and restaurants.  And the most God awful thing I read about today is a contest among young folks in Alabama, of course, to see who can get it first.  Jesus H.  They are purposely infecting people like a rite of passage into a secret society.  Oh, but there's a pool of money involved too for the winner/loser.  

I have nothing on the agenda for today.  Tried sitting on the porch but it was so humid I gave it up.  The air is thick and heavy and yesterday I heard the cicadas warming up.  I will be hitting up the fireworks store to get some sparklers and roman candles which is all I care about.  I think we all take for granted the meaning of Independence Day.  We are a free country because we fled from and fought the British over several issues, one of which was the Church of England.  In many ways we are still fighting that fight even though the US constitution clearly mandates separation of church and state.   Let that sink in.

So here we are in the land of the free and home of the brave.  I love this country and what we stand for.  But I am also a rebel who will take the bait every time somebody steps on my rights.  I know what they are.  So should you.

God bless America ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment