Wednesday, July 8, 2020

plan ahead

I had my route all mapped out this morning and Lowe's was the first stop.  I need more chalk paint and a few other things for some projects I'm working on.  I gotta' hand it to those folks...they know their stuff, row by row and if you can't find it?  They will.  I scooted on over to Mickey D's for a dolla' breakfast and then over to see my brother and drop off the rent.  Since I was in the 'hood, I dropped by the pharmacy and got my refill of arthritis medication.  

I talked to the election commision yesterday about voting by mail but you can't sign electronically so I stopped by there and filled out the form so that I can vote absentee in August.  Anybody over 60 can do that in the state of TN.  Now for today's big political back to school cluster.  The task force is mandating that schools re-open even among the recent surge in COVID cases.  News flash feds!  It's not YOUR decision but will be made at the local level by districts.  If they don't think it's safe, online learning will continue.  Most teachers would prefer that anyway.  It's a more up close and personal way of educating young people.  One of Pence's excuses was that kids who don't go to school don't get to eat or get mental health assistance.  How about we treat that problem at the source which is poverty.  

The rich will get richer, that's for sure.  Yet I am happy with my little world of avoiding folks and being at home, all the while writing my little heart out. I am blessed to have an air conditioner that works and food to eat.  Good friends and loving family.  In the end, that is what matters.  

If y'all need a kudzu bouquet I'll take your orders now.  Keep the faith ^j^

1 comment: