Tuesday, July 21, 2020

be the miracle

Today's noon devotional was presented by my good friend Mark Hayes featuring the story of Jesus feeding 5000 with five loaves and two fish.  His point was that the young boy, who had very little to give was used by Jesus to perform a miracle for hungry crowds.  It was all he had, yet it was turned into more than enough.  If we all do this..the little things, in faith, miracles happen.  He mentioned that he had walked to the church from his office and it was then that I realized I saw him trudging to the church in the heat while I was on my way to a celebration of life. It's funny how those threads come together.

Charlie Whitnel was one of a kind, to say the least.  His friends and family shared stories and tears as his legacy was told by those who knew him well.  It was my first COVID era funeral but it was packed out and all were masked.  I hope I am remembered as fondly as he was.  


I picked up my hand crafted mask and walked the yard with Paige this morning and was amazing at what all she has growing.  She gave me a baby moon vine which I will desperately try to grow.  If it doesn't make it, I have seeds from Larry for next year.  

Mr. Holmes came back today and cleaned up the tree trimming stuff and it's amazing the difference in the view.  I am soooo ready for this corn to go but it's a long way out before the box disappears.  

Y'all be happy and healthy and stay safe.  We need each other and miracles now more than ever ^j^

1 comment: