Monday, July 6, 2020

be the light

I just did another FB live devo at the church complete with props and bad singing.  Hey...Jesus loves me anyway!  I got twisted on the ending of "this little light of mine" of all things.. I have known it by heart since childhood.  The scripture that it was based on came from 5:14-16.  "You are the light of the world."  Indeed you are as we ALL can be if we put aside petty differences and show the love of God in our words, actions, faith and hope.  I have been in the darkness many times.  Living in the country I am accustomed to the power going off but I have a lantern that Mamye gave me to light the way when that happens.  I have been in that dark place of the soul where all seems hopeless.  Others have shone their lights on me during those times and brought me grace.  I am grateful for that and so much more.

Mayberry's crew took on the poison ivy for me today in spite of the heat.  It's a rough time to be weedeating and mowing.  Or spreading asphalt or anything that requires manual labor outside.  Y'all stay hydrated.  I have learned to love ice water, especially Propel which has electrolytes.  Kroger was out of my favorite Mandarin Orange but I did score some asparagus this time around.  

So the COVID keeps on spreading with no regard for income status.  I have heard that Trump is the bogeyman once again by being in cahoots with big pharma over the drugs used to treat.  Nothing surprises me anymore.  Nothing.  

Y'all let your light shine and share it with others.  Especially the least of these ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment