Thursday, May 9, 2019

trying again

I left for work in a freakin' monsoon this morning.  All was well until the windows started fogging up and I can't ever remember whether to turn it on cool or warm so I set it in the middle and drove down 78 wiping it off so I could see.  The lort' was with me and I made it safely.  The rain passed and didn't start again until I was on the way home.  I got to spend relaxing time with  my buddies listening to geese and watching people fish while the turtles did their thing.  Since there was little sun they mostly stayed in the water.

I started re-reading a book from the past by Ira Byock entitled "Dying Well".  My heart seems to be pulled toward hospice and palliative care more and more because I see how many opportunities are wasted to have quality time at the end of life.  Doing the grief work proactively makes the "end" so much more peaceful for the patient, family and caregivers.  Like the author, I've witnessed a lot of horrendous deaths simply because there was no advocate available.  Like Dr. Byock did with his father, I filled that role with  my parents.  And even with all I've seen over the years?  It still wasn't easy.

I'm looking forward to going to church again.  And also to figuring out what I'm gonna' be when I grow up.  Y'all keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment