Monday, May 27, 2019

holiday mood

I was sitting on the throne this morning looking out the window when I spotted him.  It was Mr. Snake, all six feet of him stretched out in the sun.  I gawked for a minute and gasped "holy shit" and then he was gone in the grass.  For a minute I thought it was a hallucination but surely I'm not that crazy.  Yet.

My little friend at the rehab has been dying for some chicken noodle soup so I went to Chick Fil A and got her some.  She was ecstatic.  After that I swam a bit with my friend Vicki.  She lives by a golf course and I found a ball in the pool.  Her cat was all stretched out keeping us company on the concrete.  There was a nice breeze and an overcast spell so it wasn't real hot.  I didn't stay long because it was my first day in the sun and I don't need much of it.  I mostly just wanted the full body float with a couple of dips to the deep end.

I give thanks and honor to all those who gave their lives for our freedom.  So many have died serving our country.  My father served his time in the Air Force and was fortunate not to be involved in active duty.  He spent a lot of that time in Portugal.  

Hope your day is merry and bright!


No comments:

Post a Comment