Sunday, December 9, 2018

the thaw

We ended up with what we call in the south an "icy mess."  The trees were all coated with glass and fortunately I didn't lose power.  As for those other folks, God bless 'em.  They've got a bunch of snow to deal with PLUS the ice.  My brother is doing weather in Charlottesville VA this weekend so he should be knee deep in it.  We talked yesterday ( while he was driving, of course ) about how much the gray of winter depresses us now.  
We need our Vitamin D people!  If I could blame it you know who, I would.  

Cold weather equals bored dogs and they have been following me every step of the way since I got up.  I finally got them to go out and Ellie did a cartoon like slide on the icy back porch.  She does nothing slowly.  Girl almost fell off sideways into the flower bed.  I can hear the drip drip of melting now and the sheet on the Camry is about ready to slide.  

Okay.  Not really a political rant but a red flag.  The US demanded that Canada detain what's her name.  This puts both countries into "strained" relations with China but Canada is being used by the US to play a game.  They are required by law to do what they did.  I believe, with all of my liberal snowflake heart that this is the biggie diversion prior to the Mueller bomb.  It is dangerous to play those kinds of games with the global powers.  Put down the damn tweet machine and tend to business.  This is not a drill.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. ^j^

1 comment:

  1. Ice and snow alone are terrible; combined, horrendous. Glad you're safe.

    ReplyDelete