Sunday, December 23, 2018

away in a manger

My cousin Millette makes Martha Stewart look like a slob, seriously.   Everything she creates is with grace and beauty including our annual family Christmas gathering this afternoon.  There were a ton of cousins running around and a houseful of relatives and friends.  Reaves was shy at first until Cooper started playing a game of run up and down the couch.  When Olivia got there they bonded almost instantly.   Livvie is 3 and Reaves is 15 months.  She ate nothing but chocolate so we got her a crispito from the chicken store for the ride home.  

Church was festive and joyous this morning.  I sat with my usuals Delores and Hu.  The kids all gathered for small talk in a tiny stable down front and were wired for the season.  I brought home the poinsettia that I bought in memory of Mama and Daddy and I will attempt to keep it alive.  Any tips would be appreciated.  

Reaves' daddy and bonus mom got engaged which just tickles me to death.  Kim is crazy about dat baby and appreciates Lauren as a friend.  That goes a long way toward a stable loving co-parenting situation.  

Families everywhere are gathering and celebrating the holidays.  I remember Daddy saying that the loneliest time of his life was when he was in the Air Force on Christmas and away from family.  Being apart during the holidays whether through death or distance is just part of life but it's tough.  Everybody gets nostalgic, especially when there aren't many left.

I talked to Tommy two days in a row while he was driving so we're pretty much caught up.  Mamye came by today with gifts for me and the girls and we visited for awhile talking about every little thing.  As for me, I'm just the receiver this year because well, you know.  Times are hard.  I sent Christmas breakfast back with Lauren so it should be ready when I get there.  

O come all ye faithful ~


No comments:

Post a Comment