Saturday, December 15, 2018

a christmas story

Most of my holidays resemble those in the movie.  I've never been out for Chinese Christmas dinner but the rest is pretty spot on right down to the dog clearing off the table.  "You'll shoot your eye out" indeed.  On several occasions I've asked for a chainsaw and was summarily told that I am not safe to operate one.  Alrighty then.  I would probably cut my leg off.  

I made up a couple of batches of my mother's butter cookie dough last night and got really nostalgic.  She used to make them by the dozens to send to our classes at school and the Santa faces were intricately painted with different colored glazes.  She was the ultimate room mother.  She also made them on Valentine's day in heart shapes and that was a very cool present when Daddy would deliver on the gator.

I went downtown briefly to see what was going on and things were still slow due to the rain.  The rest of the day should be dry and perfect for holiday shopping at the many participating businesses.  If you have the money, of course...lol.

The extent of my shopping was for Reaves and it's all wrapped and under her tree.  I'm still on a furlough from my part time job so things are kind of tight even by my standards.  I'm just waiting for the shoe to drop with income tax because it's gonna' be complicated this year.  I may end up owing even more.  

They're dropping like flies under Trump's rule and I'm just sitting back to watch it all unfold.  History in the making, once again.  I'm just ready for it to be over, whatever it will be.  This constant change of cast and policy is bad on the nerves.  

Keep the faith ~

1 comment:

  1. Gaga had an electric chainsaw. If Gaga can handle one so can you.

    ReplyDelete