Friday, December 7, 2018

purge 'til you drop

My friend and I spent another four hours today digging through stuff, pitching and sorting.  We work together well with little conversation required except "does it stay."  She emptied the shredder multiple times and we made some headway on the scary back room.  It's half empty now.  I remember the process following my parents' death and it was a real chore going through 60 years worth of stuff.  We got ripped off by the sale lady, but I won't go there because I try to stay positive.  Let's just say I had to BUY something that was supposed to go to me because of her ethics.  It was taken out of my part of the sale proceeds.  

God is providing me, one day at a time, with what I need.  I've let go of the agenda that I had such a tight control on for long and just go where the spirit leads.  There's a lot of peace in that.  One day there's not squat but other days are an adventure.  I've always been one to stick to a schedule, mainly because of the hospital.  You don't play in that kind of job.  

I just got a text from my rehab buddy and they're working her hard which is what she needs if she's going to be able to go home.  If you don't use it you lose it. I feel like a part of the staff there as many times as I've visited.  I know right where the social worker's office is!

Weather permitting, I will hit 412.  Or maybe body permitting.  That little workout today kicked my butt.  ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment