Wednesday, December 26, 2018

holly jolly

I was snoozing away when the phone rang this morning but I could tell it was early so I rolled over.  Shortly after that the dogs went wild and I met the plumbers who did a whole bunch of digging and unclogging only to discover that the septic tank is full.  So full, in fact, that it was clogged between the tank and the house.  They left it with the top off to be sucked out.  Man I would hate that job.  I can use the water just no clothes washing. Fortunately I was pretty caught up.  And this...is a very good time to NOT be a homeowner.  

While they were working I was rolling change.  When I thought about how many hands that stuff had been through well, I just tried not to think about it.  Or about what's in that septic tank!  I checked with Google to see if SS payments will be affected by the shutdown and supposedly they will not. Who knows about SNAP because as of next week 95% of their staff will be furloughed.  A lot of people depend on that to eat and most are not workers of the system.  Because of low wage jobs and the sky rocketing cost of living, they need it to get by.  Supposedly payments will be made in January but no promise after that.  Because of course we must have that beautiful steel slat wall to keep the kids from coming here to die.  Two of them now. 

I so enjoyed looking at everybody's Christmas pictures and I keep revisiting the ones of Reaves.  I had to go to the 'gentral this morning and the poor checker dumped two carts full of 70% off stuff pulling them outside.  "Bless your heart" I said as I went in.  He reply was "Just another day at Dollar General." As this company expands and opens more new stores, the older ones are going into a very sad state.  The one at Four Points usually has things packed to the ceiling and along the aisles.  The checkers have no time to stock because there's only one.  This is also why they get robbed a lot.   Looks like corporate would take care of that to ensure their bottom line.  Ahem.  

So Trump is really mad and said it's a disgrace that we're in this mess.  I won't even go there because it doesn't deserve a response.  HE did this.  Not the Democrats or anybody else.  His stubborn persistence on having his way has put the entire country into a tailspin.  This is the third time this year it has happened.  That's bound to be a record but I wouldn't swear to it.  

Here's to a new year full of peace and prosperity ^j^

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment