Thursday, December 20, 2018

and the rich get richer

The POTUS is pitching a fit because his 5B dollar wall was not included in a recent bill.  He has threatened a government shutdown to get his way before the House goes under Democratic control.  This would mean that the Secret Service agents assigned to him would be working UNPAID to protect him while he enjoys the holidays at Mar a Largo.  What.A.Crock.  Same thing for those Sears execs who grabbed their bonuses and ran leaving loyal employees to fend for themselves prior to BK liquidation of the company's assets.  This is greed and corruption at the highest level.  The markets are bottoming out because of an extremely unsteady global financial situation and the White House is doing nothing but making things worse.  Sad state of the Union, indeed except for the 1%.

I got a 2.8% cost of living raise in SS which is more than I ever got at work based on merit.  What's wrong with that picture?  My company never gave cost of living raises and you had to walk on water to get 3% based on performance.  The facility average had to be such and so and one year I got 1/2% with a very good evaluation.  That's for profit healthcare for you.  There was no incentive financially to be a front line star.  I retired making less than most LPNs currently earn.  This is why I got out when I did and also because of the limitations on my physical abilities due to two bad shoulders.  I am cash strapped but that stress from work no longer exists.  It was slowly but surely killing me.

This is not a rant, just a reflection of reality for many people these days and I know I'm not alone.  In fact, I am more fortunate than a lot of others.  My health is good except for the usual aches and pains of osteoarthritis.  My cardiac risk is the lowest it has been in years.  This sounds like a poor me post but it's not really.  I'm just trying to keep the faith ^j^  

Manifest ~







 

No comments:

Post a Comment