Sunday, December 16, 2018

rabbits coons and dogs

I was getting ready to turn in last night when Ellie went ape shit over something outside.  I looked from the door and could hear yelling and and a dog and could see a light moving around across the field.  I don't normally get scared out here, but this freaked me out enough to call the law.  They got dispatched to some other place but did show up and were very polite.  They searched with spotlights across the road and found nothing.  It wasn't until today that I found out it was a coon hunter with a 22.  The neighbor said it sounded like a pistol with three shots in succession. Lerd, I was expecting a dead body.

Then this morning Bubba called to tell me to keep my dogs inside so as not to interrupt the rabbit hunting. They were all going ballistic to get outside but I managed to keep them in til they were gone.  As I was going to town I stopped and chatted with his crew and their FIFTEEN beagles.  All I could see was little noses sticking out of the kennel.  They were having a tailgate lunch of bologna and ham sammiches.  

I made another cake yesterday to sell and it was the most perfect one yet.  Until, Ellie took a big bite out of it while I wasn't looking.  I just cut the dog part out and gave it to the customer on the house.  Never waste a cake.  I've got supplies for one more and this one will be watched over like a newborn baby until it's delivered tomorrow.  This is why we can't have nice things.  

Y'all be merry and bright.  ^j^






1 comment: