Saturday, December 1, 2018

ho ho ho

I never go shopping but I have a grandchild to buy for now so I hit up the mall to look for clothes for her and tennis shoes for me.  I scored two really cute outfits for her but no luck on the shoes.  I guess I'm gonna' have to budget some more before that happens.  I found some that were reasonably priced and I wanted them but someone had STOLEN my size.  There was one on display and an empty box.  Old salesgirl was pissed to say the least.  

It was time to meet Carol for lunch by then so we shared an appetizer sampler from Applebee's where we almost froze to death.  It was a madhouse at Bath and Body so I just cruised on by.  As I passed center court I saw all these cute little kids having their picture made with Santa.  I don't think Reaves has seen him yet but I'll bet 'ya she will grab his glasses and beard.  

It rained hard all night and when I left this morning I found myself driving through some very deep water at the bottom of the lane. The old Camry almost choked out on me but got me through.  All of the water from this hill drains down to that spot during heavy rain.  It has also been known to be swallowed by Forked Deer backwater.  

Checking on Lauren I found that she was in the shower with help so she's improving.  It's still balmy here like it normally is unless there's a cold snap.  It is rare for us to drop below freezing and stay there for a week, but it happens.  

Y'all spare your nerves and shop online or local small business.  It's worth it, I promise.  Happy holidays kids.  Enjoy every minute of it.

De-stress ~


1 comment: