Wednesday, December 19, 2018

a lesson learned the hard way

I have spent four hours on hold with the IRS during the past couple of days.  Had I not dragged ass around and let this paltry amount go to collections it would not have been nearly so hard so that's on me.  I did finally get the arrangement done today.  Both agents that served me were patient and helpful.  One more thing off the list.  Being on hold that long gave me a chance to catch up with my hospital peeps and gossip a little.  

I've glimpsed at the news and seems that things are looking darker and darker for those in the White House.  I find no joy in this whatsoever.  I do not feel smug.  I feel very sad that we as a country are going through this chaos.  Like my friend Trish said today..."live each day to the fullest.  you never know what's coming."  And indeed we do not.

I made some cookies last night from the refrigerated dough and they just didn't taste right.  Not at all like my mama's.  Maybe they were too thick?  Who knows.  Maybe it's just because she didn't make them.  

I stopped by the live nativity scene at a local church and visited with the critters.  There was a camel, a few goats, a bull and a cute little black and white calf.  Plus assorted others like a miniature horse.  It is a tradition at the Cumberland Presbyterian church and one that I've always been "too busy" to stop and visit.  Tis the season.

Humility ~


1 comment:

  1. Humility - been there. When I went thru my 'issue', was told by someone "Being humbled is easy; you can do it yourself, or God will do it for you. Better we do it ourselves..." How true.

    ReplyDelete