Tuesday, April 10, 2018

settling in

It's kind of amazing how much I had to write about when time was limited and I was out in the world of the sick and dying.  There is a huge transition coming up there and I'm pretty much out of the loop on what's what.  As I should be, by the way.  40 years is a long time.  I'm flying on faith that it will all work out financially.  

The foundation of the cabin is done and snake free.  Windows and porches will be next.  The yard is pretty bare from the dirt work but some of Daddys stuff is still coming up.  I took some buttercups from his yard to he and mom on Easter.  Daddy took great pride in keeping the yard nice.  In the end he would get me to take him to get wave petunias and he would stuff them into hanging pots willy nilly.  Me and the sitter spent all one morning while they were at church replanting!

Per crop rotation I will be surrounded by corn again this year.  I will never forget watching the crew put together that irrigation system that stretches down Samaria Bend.  And all those years before the crops depended on mother nature's whim.  The river bottoms are still muddy as heck and will stay that way for a month or two.  

Yesterday's entertainment was a woodpecker going apeshit in the front yard.  It's the little things, ya know?




No comments:

Post a Comment