Saturday, April 21, 2018

meh

I remember a time back in January when I would have given up mu first born for a day like today.  It's warm and breezy and a perfect one to just take in the beauty before the rain starts again.  Yet I have no motivation to get up and go.  A lingering cold and wonky blood pressure are making it hard to grasp exactly what a good day feels like!  I'm pretty sure my body is still trying to adjust from the high stress level of the past ten or so years.  

Dyer County Recycles hosted a bake sale yesterday and are co-sponsors of another fundraiser today at the fairgrounds celebrating Earth Day.  Believe it or not, we have no place in this little 'burg to take recycled trash.  Now that they are a certified non-profit they are able to raise funds for a building to offer this service.  Great work peeps!

I'm a gonna' miss my friend Gary's band this evening and I hate that.  He's been in a band of some sort ever since our high school days.  We were running buddies, along with Lisa.  And that was about 45 years ago.  Time flies.

I am eternally thankful that Trump chose not to attend Mrs. Bush's funeral because it would have been all about him as usual.  I noticed that the price of gas jumped up during the past week and heard that he's having a fit and threatening OPEC on twitter.  Lerd.  When Lauren was commuting daily to Martin for college the price was right at 4.50 which used up a bunch of student loan money just to get there.  That was also when the feds didn't release funds on freakin' registration day and she called me hysterical.  Emergency congressional funding took care of that item.  Globally, we're not doing so hot on the caring for the earth deal.  Pulling out of the climate talks in Paris was stupid.  Why not just TALK instead of tweeting and trolling all the time.  There are a lot of ways we can help clean up the earth.  One huge item would be switching to paper to go containers rather than styrofoam or plastic, including cups and straws.  They can be made from recycled paper therefore saving a tree and the toxicity at the same time.  

Our rivers are a mess.  If you don't believe me go see how many tires Brian Waldrop and Bernie Arnold and their crew pull out among other thing like creepy baby doll heads.  On this farm alone there is a graveyard under the bluff where ancient refrigerators and other crap lay around and get covered when the water's up.  

Many years ago there was a fundraiser for a local charity called Help-A-Spell.  It was an adult spelling bee and I participated two or three times coming in 2nd to the editor of the newspaper which wasn't too shabby.  It was fun and a good cause and I have time to revive ideas now.  I asked one of the former judges if he would be interested in taking part and he suggested we make it for ALL ages.  Of course we all know the kids would win.  Stay tuned.

As for me and mine we shall bask in the sunshine and rejoice ^j^




1 comment: