Thursday, April 12, 2018

cast of characters

There have been so many people hired and fired during Trump's administration I can't even remember them all.  Normally during a presidential transition you have a large turnover and they stay put until the next election.  But noooo...since very little thought was given to the skill sets of those chosen for these positions, they're falling by the wayside and taking him with him. For DeVos to be in charge of the department of education with zero experience in the public system is absurd.  If you want to home school your kids, go ahead.  It's safer and not nearly as annoying as all the things that public school teachers have to deal with on a daily basis.  Charter schools are a crock....just like outsourced prison.  More money for the  big dogs instead of fixing what's wrong.  I read a lengthy well written piece about two different high schoolers and how they feel about going to college.  The bottom line is that a liberal arts education isn't worth a whole lot in the workforce these days.  Certain areas like healthcare and computer technology are high in demand but not for everyone.  When vocational arts were removed from our high school, many students went into the work world ill prepared with no skills.  According to the author, the girl who "hates school" and doesn't want to go to college happened to have a passion for culinary which she followed all four years.  

I'm in that kind of mood today....kind of "meh."  It's nice and warm but still too windy to do any gardening.  I visited Gay and Huck today and got puppy sugars.  He knows me now so I'm not a threat.  I met Lorna for a few minutes at Java and she gifted me with some Tiger Balm for my aching parts.  That stuff is amazing!  I'm also dabbling with CBD products from one particular company.  Before you call the law on me, there's no THC in this stuff.  That combined with ibuprofen and naproxen are helping me work out hiccups with pain flares.  

I've been a diet coke fiend all my life back to the days of Tab.  Just recently I was taking inventory of what could go for my health and aspartame was on the top of the list.  If I want a drink, I get the real kind which isn't often.  Mostly it's flavored water.  

So, what's up in YOUR neck of the woods?

No comments:

Post a Comment