Saturday, April 28, 2018

name that tune

I played that game on the way to Jackson and back trying to guess the song from the opening.  I'm a music freak so I got probably 90% right except for the ones that I couldn't even remember the name of the band.  Jack 100 FM plays my kinda' stuff.  Reaves was just waking up from a nap when I got there and the apartment immediately filled with kids who wanted to hold her and play.  Baylee and Layla are used to her and know how to handle her.  This one little boy lost control and kinda' sorta' dropped her!  No harm done...just scared her a little.  She is all OVER the place now crawling, rolling in flips, holding things between her feet and scooting around in the walker.  We took it outside and just enjoyed the sun.  She's very quick and spotted a bird in the bush next to us immediately.  Then she picked her mama a flower but I had to deliver it because she was trying to eat it.  

We had a very grumpy pizza delivery guy today who looked way too old to be dealing with the public in that capacity.  At the moment he arrived the front door was open and I was in the kitchen feeding Reaves in her high chair.  When I finally got to the door he was rude and bitchy.  He got what was left out of the 20 but it wasn't much, just saying.  I could hear him muttering " order a pizza and then not home when it gets there...."  Excuse me sir?  Did I not tell you I was feeding the baby and my daughter would be right back with the $$.  He threatened to take it back to the store and start all over.  We should have ordered from The Blacksmith like we had planned.  This guy was a piece of work.  Seriously.

Yesterday afternoon I rode down to the cabin and crawled through the windows to wander around inside.  It's still surreal to me seeing it empty like that.  What I thought was a deck off of the back porch was expanded to make it a HUGE back porch /deck.  On the way back I stopped to explore the flowers at our late mayor's house and pulled up a few bachelor's buttons to transplant.  Since that house will be coming down, I'll be back later in the year to scoop up those peonies!  The one I transplanted from Daddy is just about to bust open with crimson.  There are also several white ones in the pine grove.  I will never forget the day that he and I lit fire to those inches of pine needles and leaves and let 'er rip.  After that I could find what was there.  Bless my heart I used to pick up the limbs out of that field next to it when it was a horse pasture.  Anything to be outside.

Y'all soak up the sun while you can.  I got so much enjoyment from seeing Reaves exploring outdoors.  One of these days, we'll make a country girl out of her.  Hide and watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment