Sunday, April 22, 2018

live a little

I could easily become a hermit and I am already in many ways.  I don't like crowds and I hate to drive.  I'm becoming my father!  All Mama ever wanted to do was go and he wanted was to NOT go and sit in the recliner.  I've noticed that even though I haven't gained any weight since I've become inactive, I'm getting thick in the middle.  That's from sitting in front of a computer all day.  My new routine will include a daily walk, starting out slowly so as to not have a heart attack.  I'm still sort of in limbo here with a possible move to the cabin this summer.  Time will tell.  Meanwhile the living room is full of furniture stacked up waiting to be placed somewhere permanent.  PLUS all the boxes that I'm slowly going through.  My attention span is pretty short so I go from one thing to the next piddling my life away.  But you know what?  It feels good at the moment.

It's been raining heavy enough to cause a little river down the driveway and as I was watching it I remembered seeing, for the first and only time, a snake swimming downstream in that very spot.  This was right before everybody started dying so I imagine it was a message for sure.  Sometimes I think too much, yet I am a firm believer in totems and the messages they bring. I should probably search "dead mouse" since Lily went down into the vent to get one yesterday.  Evidently she captured him in the clover then brought him in here to show me.  Once she got it out of the vent, I threw it outside and she was like "where did it go???"  

I'm trying to help find a new home for a dog of a friend of a friend but we've reached an impasse because of tax season.  Anyway, Bella is on the radar and has somebody interested.  My brother messaged me this morning that two of the goodest old boy brothers that we grew up with have both died.  David Davis and Tommy ran over one of the white pines that Daddy planted and figured they would duct tape it together and all would be well.   Ayep....they got busted.  

My daughter is a beautiful woman filled with spirit but she refuses to have her picture made because she's not ever "fixed up."  Today she is and looks stunning.  They're having a baby shower during the showers for Kim who is very pregnant with Clara.  She and I got close when Lauren had Reaves because she was ALWAYS there when we needed her.  It does indeed take a village and this bunch takes care of their own little tribe.  I love it.  

Carry on with faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment