Thursday, April 26, 2018

plank by plank

Thank the lort for small things like a bigger screen to blog with.  I was developing a permanent stoop from bending over to see that little one.  Gay straightened me out a bit and stretched a lot of things today that needed work.  Huck gave me "sugar with a growl" and curled up in his spot to soak up the vibes.  

I had intended to run by the funeral home to give my friend a hug but didn't make it.  I noticed as I was going home the procession was about to leave for the graveyard.  I silently sent my regards across the bypass.

After that I stopped at the cabin to see what was up and found that there is a DECK in progress next to the back porch.  O.M.G.  That was a great surprise!  The rest of the day was spent piddling and visiting with Mamye.

This morning I was at the 'gentral and got a call from Lorna to do lunch so we headed to Mexico.  2nd time this week for me and I never get tired of it.  This cabin is going to be a pure work of art.  Lorna showed me several pieces that her daughter has redone using chalk paint which is something I'm going to explore.  Idle hands are the devil's workshop and all that.  

I'm sleeping like a log these days which is very nice.  I wake up slowly and take on the day as it comes.  Also a luxury, instead of get up and hit the pavement.  I eat what I want when I want it and do what I want when the spirit moves.  What started out as a routine surgery has turned into a real blessing for my life at this point.  I never intended NOT to go back to work until I was told it was irreparable.  

I will be broke, but then I was always broke when I had a job so, there you have it.  I am open for the universe to lead me and I pay attention.  There is a dead white cat that got hit on the highway still laying there after two days.  I just can't bring myself to put on gloves and scoop it up.  Eventually the hawks and vultures will get him.

Y'all keep looking for the sun.  I just know it will be back.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment