Monday, December 4, 2017

vulnerability

I see us going back to the old ways.  Like when families live together because they can't afford not to.  The more Congress chips away at "entitlements" the harder it is to make a living on minimum wage.  It's a Catch 22.  Take the Children's Health Insurance program.  It is unfunded as of September leaving thousands of children without healthcare.  Meanwhile, the hedge fund managers who live in the Virgin Islands and elsewhere are raking in the money.  It's disgusting and Jesus wouldn't do that.  

I do agree that there is rampant abuse of these programs that are being raped  by those who live off of it and keep having children.  And we pay the bill.  However, for someone truly in need these programs can be the difference between starvation and the ability to get out and work.  SS disability is one of the most widely abused programs around.  Would it be there for me?  Probably not because I'm still able to work, so far.  At the age of 62 after 45 years in the workforce I expect what I have paid in to be there.  If not, I'll have to move in with somebody and share the rent.  

I've already been to the 'gentral and ran into an old friend of my parents who told he how he missed arguing with my Mama.  She was a feisty one.  "I do too" was my reply.  We have come full circle on the round of death and loss that visited in 2015 and 16.  

A change in the weather is blowing in from the south.  I tried to buy some deicer but the gentral doesn't have any "yet".  I depend on that stuff to melt the frost when I head to work at the buttcrack of dawn.  AutoZone, here I come next trip to the outside world.  

My house is a wreck and I'm so not inspired to clean it.  Fatigue and chronic pain have me by the balls, so to speak.  The same is true of a lot of others.  My days of going above and beyond are over.  I miss my girls terribly but that short distance and other things prevent us from seeing much of each other.  Thank goodness for smart phones with cameras.  

Enjoy your day even if it is Monday.  Today's gift was a hearty thank you from a guy that I let go in front of me at the store.  He only had two things and I had a basket full.  He thanked me not once but twice and wished me a blessed Christmas.  That's what's up.  

Pay it forward ~

No comments:

Post a Comment