Monday, December 25, 2017

ho ho ho

The chicken store is always open, even on Christmas.  When I went up there this morning to get a diet coke, they were all decked out with headgear and a festive mood in spite of working.  That's the spirit girls!  Even the manager was there.  

To say that my brother is punctual is an understatement.  Therefore, I made a new variation of cheese grits last night and put them in for the mandatory hour of baking while I scrambled eggs and fried bacon.  He had suggested Huddle House and I said hell to the naw....my mama would roll over in her grave.  We modified, at his suggestion, the grits recipe to include cooked and crumbled sausage and it was to die for.  I gifted him with deviled eggs and he gave me half a strawberry cake made by the famous Virgie.   He was gone in 45 minutes!
Cooking with one arm is doable, indeed.  

The girls were here less than 24 hours but it was divine time for all of us.  Lauren is working today just like all the other folks who have to be there.  I imagine the hotel is pretty full with holiday travelers.  We'll hook up again in the next week.  Her friends worked together to get her here and back with all the stuff that goes with baby travel.  I whispered goodbye to her back as she hauled multiple bags and baby to Abbey's car.  

And so the rest of this day is left for me and the dogs to celebrate in our usual way....quietly hanging out. Bubba showed me a picture he took of a freaking lifesize concrete cow sitting on a trailer somewhere around here.  As Lorna would say "you can't make this shit up."  I've been hearing shots so that must mean some critters are dying in the woods.  Lotso water in the river area.  

Be blessed ~




1 comment: