Saturday, December 23, 2017

beeps in the night

One of my smoke detectors has a battery that's dying and it goes off randomly in a short little beep now and then.  I heard that during the night but failed to hear the flash flood warning from the FOUR inches of rain we got yesterday.  It's still standing on the lane but the Camry is used to driving through it.  That's why my lug nuts are rusted on!  

I'm awaiting the arrival of my girls with all their stuff in tow.  Reaves is probably walking now it's been so long.  A lot can happen in a month.  I'm still hurting, but keep on moving.  It's more comfortable without the sling except when I'm out somewhere which isn't often.  I drove to the 'gentral today which was a huge outing and my first time behind the wheel since Dec. 6th.  There is garbage piled a mile high on the back porch.  I hope Santa doesn't trip over it.

The cutout sugar cookie dough is chilling in the refrigerator all Mama Stafford style.  I doubled it so I can give a batch to Kim for she and her daughter to make.  Memories in the making.

I hope and pray that all y'all have a Merry Christmas wherever you are or whatever you're doing.  Don't forget that healthcare and law enforcement peeps will be hard at it in case of emergency during your festivities.  

Noel ~

No comments:

Post a Comment