Wednesday, December 27, 2017

at a loss

I am not my usual smartass chatty self today for several reasons.  The life and death situations I mentioned yesterday morphed into the deaths of two young adults.  Hazen Flatt, the daughter and sister of my dear friends, passed away yesterday.  She was the mother of two small children, Gracie and Jasper.  She was a sweetheart and loved her family like a mama bear.  Their family is straight up right on Lake county to the core even though they've lived just about everywhere.  She is a beautiful  woman whose spirit will shine on forever.   

Jon's death was a shock as well.  I came to know him through BabyMan and Shannah.  He was her nephew and visited often with his cousins Austin and Tori.  Ironically they were in a horrible wreck rushing to where he had been hospitalized and were sent to The Med.  I just found out yesterday that my friend Tracy who cared for Mama is their aunt.  Small world.

It takes a special person to give comfort with words at a time like this and I'm not one of them.  In grief, we are united to where  "i'm sorry" is unspoken with each hug or call or FB post.  It's perfectly normal to wonder why when the real reasons will probably never be known.  It is what it is and it's heartbreaking.  While death is a part of life, only God knows the timing.  

Keep your faucets running kids.  It's arctic out there ^j^


1 comment: