Thursday, December 21, 2017

the christmas cake

My brother, who WORKS at Kroger called me yesterday wanting to know if I had a disposable cake pan with lid.  Seems a co-worker is gonna' make him a strawberry masterpiece for Christmas.  I should probably reach outside the boundaries of my favorite triple chocolate pound cake with icing and holly on top.  We may have to settle with pyracantha berries.  It's a tradition that was started when my husband and me were on again and off again and a kind soul served as my advocate during the transition(s).  We were fellow church members and I had taken care of his daughter when she was very sick as a baby.  He described himself as "not one to ask for advice on men"!  

Aunt Nancy and Uncle Jim were the ones who started the fruitcake thing.  Buried deep within a new pair of Pjs was a Claxton brick.  We passed that thing back and forth for years and there was even one in my 40th birthday cake.  Touche, Janice and Nancy.  

My friend John Sammons who was a real smartass decided he would play when I gave him a Claxton.  The little general refused to transport packages from me to him so I had to plan wisely.  He was one of greatest men I've ever known.  Seriously.


I visited the NP this morning for stich removal and other post op care.  She showed me pictures on her IPad of inside of my shoulder and it was indeed "a hot mess."  No wonder it hurt.  Which it still does, BTW but that's normal.  I return to see the surgeon in a month for asessment of release to work.  There are PT orders and megaibuprofens.  

I woke up this morning....WIDE awake...at 4AM.  My body is a little confused I reckon.  I listened as bird beep came on even though it never really got light.  I guess they just know.  The golf course behind me looks like the Bare Trees album cover thanks to the misty rain.  And Mamye, God love her, is gone to get me some AA batteries for the remote.  Who loves me, right?

Joyful ~



































No comments:

Post a Comment