Monday, December 11, 2017

the good patient

When I had shoulder surgery three years ago Lauren was my nurse and she swears I was a holy non-compliant terror.  As best as I can remember she's right.  This time around has been different because I'm alone.  Every step is measured and careful.  I keep moving to reduce the chance of clots and to keep the arm in a small amount of motion so it won't lock up.  I took my first whole pain pill last night and slept for 16 hours.  That felt good.  The night of surgery I was on the way to the bathroom at Regina's and felt myself going down so I just slid into it.  She helped me up and we carried on.  

I got a message this morning that an old friend died yesterday.  He was by far one of the most brilliant men I've ever known.  
I will never forget the only time I ever appeared as a witness in court and it was for him.  He said he probably wouldn't need me to nail the case so I sat outside the courtroom for hours until I was finally called.  It was obvious on the faces of the other party and his attorney that my little story hadn't even been thought of us ammo for a custody trial.  He was an avid domino player and lover of the high life.  And he will be missed, especially at the kudzu bar.

It's gonna be a long ten days until I see Leigh Ann for removal of stiches and asessment of function.  Then time with Gay will commence.  Merry Christmas to me!!  Meanwhile, there's always Hulu for entertainment.  The Handmaid's Tale is like a freakin' train wreck....horrible but you can't look away.  

Another day, another terrorist attack...this one unsuccessful.  Why do they hate us?  I've never figured that one out except that it's always been thus and so.  So Trump and Roy Moore are about the only accused molesters still standing.  What's up with that?  Can't we fire them like the networks fired Lauer? Just a thought

Teach your children well~





No comments:

Post a Comment