Friday, December 22, 2017

christmas present

It's a miracle of movie proportions y'all.  After much figuring and schedule shifting, Lauren and Reaves will be here tomorrow.  We had both resigned ourselves to no time together when suddenly her schedule changed and rides appeared to get them here and back.  Now I've got to get the house clean (er).  I am broke as a joke but that's okay.  We will be together.

I've been getting Christmas cards off and on and one that I got yesterday really surprised me.  Adrian Montague from Jackson ran an independent campaign for Stephen Fincher's congressional seat.  He actually came to my house and sat at the table explaining his platform and many supported him.  He sent me a Christmas card of he and his wife and all their critters which really moved me that he remembered.  Remember that name because you will see it on a ballot again.  

I missed dinner with friends last night because I was hurting and also broke.  I'm pretty much house bound.  Our family gathering at Mo's has been rescheduled because she and hub are sick as dogs.  Life throwns us twists when we least expect it.  

So, be merry and jolly in spite of it all.  And love the ones you're with,

No comments:

Post a Comment