Monday, December 18, 2017

solitary confinement

Yeah, I'm still here attempting to entertain my one armed self.  The tree is decorated and me and the critters are chilling in the office where it sits.  Lauren sent me a video of Reaves playing with her feet and I've watched it over and over.  I love it, but it just ain't the same.  She doesn't need toys from Santa...just more toes to play with!

As it turns out, this will be a very untraditional Christmas which I resigned myself to yesterday in a fit of self pity.  Things could be worse.  I could be stuck in the Atlanta airport or running from California wildfires!!  I'm still peeling tape off my back and sleeping a lot.  Those first few days post op I slept for 14 hours at a time.  Coming off the propofol I guess.  I'm still pretty much in bed by dark or at least winding down to eat and head that way.  I know...how exciting. Oddly enough, I don't watch TV in bed like most people.  Partly because I can't find the remote.  I know, I need a keeper.

I go to the NP on Thursday and will need another MFR treatment soon.  That technique is amazingly gentle and effective, a far cry from traditional physical therapy.  My fascia has been traumatized like a mofo.

Here's to all y'all and your momma 'n them.  Merry and bright!

1 comment:

  1. I just had a craniotomy, my best friend had open heart surgery and my aunt is on hospice from a painful car accident, losing both legs. Add to the fact that i lost the love of my life last Christmas. Maybe your shoulder pain will lessen. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete