Saturday, April 13, 2024

people are crazy, and sometimes mean

Mamye and I were out doing our errands on this beautiful sunny Saturday with no wind.  I reckon the nice weather prompted everybody and their brother to hit the road and show their ass.  On Hwy 51 some fool in a large SUV was in such a hurry to get somewhere that he was weaving in and out of lanes about to cause a wreck.  When we pulled up at the light Mamye gave him "the look."  He replied with "What are you looking at??"  She said "You!"  I figured we would have a case of road rage coming on  but he turned off somewhere right past the light.  *sigh of relief*  One thing about getting older is that you don't give a crap and call people out.  Not the smartest thing to do, but....

Hippies is located in a corner of a very large lot where vendors set up and sell things like snow scoops and used bathing suits.  I kid you not.  Anywho, Casey has a big problem with access to her business on the days that all the flea market people are out and about.  The lot is full of cars parked every which a way and crowds of people.  This is good for business, but not when the shoppers park right smack in front of the business.  One grumpy old guy was pulling in next to us when I waved him away because I assumed he was another gawker.  He pulled up, we had a convo and I explained the parking situation for my friend.  He told me he was coming to get a cheeseburger but I pissed him off enough that he just drove off.  I apologized for the error but he wouldn't have it.  When I told Casey I ran off one of her customers she said "He'll be back" and laughed it off.  For the record, I seriously doubted the cheeseburger story.  If you don't have somebody riding shotgun when you go up in that place on a weekend, you're liable to hit a vehicle, table full of crap, or a person.  We had to ask two that were standing behind my car to please move.  I did manage to snag two old windows for 5 bucks just like the ones I used to sell for 10 or 15 while we were waiting for our food. Never managed to keep one for myself.

Mayberry and his crew came and went while I was gone so my yard is officially mowed for the first time this year.  Looks nice too!  I think I prematurely asked Bubba to cut off the gas logs because it was mighty chilly up in here this morning.  I went for a short walk just to warm up and now it's quite pleasant.  By end of day, I'll probably have the AC on.  West Tennessee spring for sure.

Y'all just don't be mean.  Consider the feelings of others and accept apologies when offered.  And don't be a fool on the highway.  You might just kill somebody's grandma ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment