Wednesday, October 26, 2022

political banter

Bubba came by to bring me some grass fed beef this afternoon and we got to talking politics when the topic of inflation came up.  His theory, and that of many others, is that we are "not better off" than two years ago.  My response to that is that the government inherited a huge mess INCLUDING a major pandemic.  I respect that Biden is not playing footsie with the Saudi nations to lower gas prices.  I guess if the GOP sweeps in November,  it will surely be down to a dolla'.  The markets are volatile and it's all based on speculation.  The housing boom is over as quickly as it came because the feds raised the interest rate.  I've never quite understood how that works.  Hey...I wanted to be a psychology major!  At DSCC those classes taught me more about life and people than any of the standards.  I also took speech which has served me well over my career.  I do not freeze in front of a crowd, so to speak.  Sometimes I cry a little, but I never lose faith.

It's hump day and I'm looking forward to another movie.  I was mesmerized by Father Stu yesterday.  There's something about watching a story unfold rather than surfing around FB sharing dinner pics.  No seriously, y'all.  I love your food and your pets and your families.  That's what makes life worth living, making memories.  I think that the purpose of all of my blog has been to spread the spirit of peace, forgiveness and love.  That's sounds mighty braggy, looking back.  Jesus doesn't like that at all.

One of the chapters of my family history involves my parents' involvement with Lifeline in Jackson.  Our former pastor Willis G did a great sermon about the need for volunteers and thus, it was born.  No more "from Memphis" on the bus.  I love it when that happens.  It made my work life so much easier, ya know?  Keep on keeping on ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment