Sunday, October 2, 2022

god moments

I had a few today as my girls joined me at FUMC.  Tori swooped in at just the right time so that we could commune together at the Lord's table.  I can't begin to tell you what it felt like to sit shoulder to shoulder with my babygirl at our home church.  We held hands as Mary Beth prayed for wisdom.  We sang along with the choir and remembered the Apostles creed and the Lord's prayer.  It didn't hit me until I got home on the front porch and had a tear or two about how things happen when you have faith.  

Our SS teacher taught on the principles of being a Jew which he is totally not.  He was also the liturgist alongside his wife and their  kids were doing the audio visuals.  We were deep into the book of Luke for thirty minutes until communion time.  "And also with you."  Your sins are forgiven.  Elizabeth Reaves enjoyed the nursery and didn't want to leave.  She never does when she's having fun.  My Jesus likes that sort of hospitality.  

Happy fall break wherever you are.  I'm right here in the middle of the farm with corn gone and beans about to go.  We planted some pansies in pots and watered them.  Note to self:  Get more dirt.  I have one more mowing due which will effectively wipe out all the weeds and dead flowers.  I ain't buying mums because they are pretty for a week and then....poof!  Another pot to add to the pile.  

Have a great one and love the one you're with ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment