Thursday, October 4, 2012

the last word

BG wouldn't let me watch the debate but I've heard enough chatter to know that it didn't go well for the prez and you know who was declared the "winner." First of all people, a true debate as defined features a moderator who keeps questions and answers on point as well as can be inspected and guide those chewing on the issues through to another topic. Plus keep them from killing each other or getting suicide bombed. Perhaps the choice of an elderly classy gentleman like Lehrer was not a smart one considering how they appear to have paid absolutely NO attention to his guidance and each did their own thing while being totally disrespectful. One piece I read said that Romney came out "with a chain saw" and put President Obama on the defense immediately. His quiet avoidance of Romney's aggressive behavior is something that I have to respect in this particular situation. If somebody's gonna end up looking like a money grubbin' drama chaser, let it be him. Apathy is a word that I've heard over and over again because the two choices are neither really GREAT as in "god save the nation" great, but I do believe one knows more about being a multicultural little guy. I don't care if he's Muslim or where he was born or even about the taxes. I may or may not vote, and have been chastised for expressing that.

When President Obama took office, things had just hit bottom economically with the end coming up quick. Looking back, I would have skipped the bank/auto/whatever bailouts and given all of my daughter's generation forgiveness on student loan debt. Hey..it's a win win. That money will go back INTO the cash flow that is our country to be used for buying local goods rather big box store mega runs. You know..like back in the good old days. I'm bright enough to know that it's about more who is President and Congress has those pesky lifelong bigots good old boys from the south that just make my skin crawl. If term limits had been put in place decades ago, it wouldn't be so easy to keep the status quo.

I have followed a combat reporter named Michael Yon for years now as he's gone through embeds with various units worldwide in the hunt for terrorists. A former service member himself, he valiantly fought to show America what was going on with our kids over there and it wasn't pretty. He caught a lot of shit for that too, by the way. Over the last few years I've seen the fire go out as he went from an attitude of pride and optimism about helping others in faraway lands only to find that the weaponry and hatred that they possess are not worth slaughtering our own. If they want to come find us here and blow us up...so be it. The least we can do is be ready ya'll! Damn. Thanks for your work MYon. I have traveled the world virtually with you and feel just like I was there.

It's nice and warm but getting cold this weekend with a big northern blast moving in. Bring it on, I say.

^j^

1 comment:

  1. I didn't watch the whining either. But also heard the chatter. In the end it doesn't really matter. those with made up minds will not change, those undecided are likely only so because of apathy.

    It's time to bring all of the troops home. Enough already.

    Hugs and prayers

    ReplyDelete