Saturday, October 6, 2012

sheeple

I can't remember where I first heard that term as used to describe people who blindly follow authority. I've never quite been one of them, tending instead to be the one to open mouth/insert foot while proclaiming my beliefs. Normally some tanked up conservative will try to pick a fight and it's on until I get tired of playing and shut up. Right now we have two viable dogs in the fight for the WH unless old Gary pulls a big one and gets his party up in there. Now THAT would be history! It's amazing how far some people will go to please the ones at the top of the pecking order. Sometimes at work, it comes with the job which you need to pay the mortgage so. Um..you bite your tongue a lot. Obedient, I am not. Two years with Bev taught me to get on over that little good girl thing and put the next level of panties on which are big. She also pointed out to me that I was using an extra 20 pounds as a shield against dealing with my sexuality. That's what pissed me off enough to cut it off, which was probably the whole point. I was done with what she had to teach me as a woman and friend.


Fifty years ago today I was at school on Pate Street when Mr. Bruce came and got me out of class for a coke in the teacher's lounge. He told me that my mama had just given birth to my second little brother which was probably not what I wanted to hear but, it was what it was. He turned into a full of life child who kept us all entertained as we sat around the kitchen table eating home grown food and watching him do the little shake thing he did in the high chair. When I look at the man he has become, I'm amazed in many ways that he was brave enough to venture out and break away from the "don't own so can't defend" tradition here. When he wanted a car at 16 he went to the bank and got a loan on his own without my parents. How that happened, I will never know. His soul is rooted in farming and nature but his interests have shifted toward the organic side which is something we have in common now. I read the other day that to even plant an organic cotton field, it needs to be spray free for three years. The owners and defenders could leave a huge carbon footprint with this place.

My only outing today consisted of a dollar store run and pill counting. After that it was straight back home to watch Weeds with the dogs. They love it when I sit still, and that show always does the trick. With Chelsea I'll still get up and wander, and movies are sometimes a problem unless they're REALLY good as in either funny or good drama. I am currently reading "No Easy Day" and sort of into it, soaking up the details of what the military does to defend our country and safety. There is nothing classified in the entire book so he says, all public knowledge. So what's the deal ya'll?

A huge cold front blew through last night with thunder and lightning plus a twenty degree drop in temps. The colors are starting which is something we always enjoy and it makes for great pics. The chill reminds me to get current with propane guy so that we don't freeze in January. As for the rest of 'em, stand in line. There's only one of me and I'm doing the best I can.

Keep the faith kids ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment