Tuesday, September 1, 2009

post op notes: week 2


Today I realized that I'm not near as tough as I thought I was for going back to work after a one week recovery. There's very little pain, but the fatigue is sort of a drag. Like..a lot! Add to that the fact that I was so enthralled with the cool breeze that I slept in front of an open window and there ya go. One sniffly tired old chick.


Yesterday afternoon when I was on the way home I came up on a huge road crew and a gaping ditch about to receive a culvert. Crossways. In front of me. Film at ll. Daddy, bless his heart, was in a twit all DAY about it because he couldn't get out, even though he doesn't drive. Hmmm. Their phone line got cut and that made it worse. Oh yeah, and he turns the volume down on his cellphone every time we turn it up. All is well today with the home phone restored and culverts in position to catch the drainage from our hill this winter. Soon it will be hot paved and ready to go. Sheesh...I remember when that road was red gravel:)

BG made her peace with last week's drama after we shared with the victim's friend that she was there with her and that she didn't suffer. She was very relieved to learn that, and so it was kind of easy to see it as an angel kind of thing. I love the way Big Ernie does that.

The UMC minister who began his worldwide travels with a visit to my home church during the sixties is making his last trip to our congregation this week. He is a physician as well, so his sermons lend themselves to mucho opportunity to tie the ministry of Jesus in with the business of healing. I've known a lot of doctors in my time at the sawmill, but very few of them see it like that because of the way that the government tries to limit their scope of practice. Most are now employed by the corporations that deliver the care so it's a conflict of interest on occasion. I'll not get started on THAT soapbox. I'd probably fall off before I ever shut the hell up.

I was scheduled to work on Labor Day but got a lazy streak and asked my friend to work instead. I figure the hand can use an extra day...don't ya'll?

Keep it between the lines.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment