Saturday, July 29, 2023

reality check

This year has been a whirlwind of changes for me and mine.  I have had three jobs so far and counting.  After first leaving one that I had for three years I took a month or two off and realized that I had to get back out there in the world.  That one lasted about six weeks before the establishment changed hands.  Now I'm onto another adventure or two as long as my health holds out.  Never say what you won't do to make a living!

We had a girlfriend's lunch today and it was so nice to get together again.  We see each other and talk often but only get together now and then face to face.  Most of us are the same age except for the "baby" who got adopted into our group.  She will probably be my date for the class reunion...

Not much news around here.  It's hot and hot and humid and hot.  I praised the Lord today for overcast skies to keep the temps below a hundred.  Headed to Jackson tomorrow for our special time at Bemis UMC.  I miss my home church but these folks are amazing ^j^

 

No comments:

Post a Comment