Saturday, July 1, 2023

empathy

I pulled in behind a lady at the ATM to check my balance which I have to do pretty often because my online banking has been suspended after the great hack.  At first I was told I would get that back in six months, which is August.  Now they are saying I won't get that back until I have a receipt where my laptop AND phone have been scanned at a shop.  All I want is read only, but no.  Anywho, this lady took forever and had that desperate look in her face where there was no cash forthcoming so she started digging in her car for another card to try and that one worked finally.  Normally I would have normally been aggravated at having to wait but I felt for this woman because I've been there many times.   People who have not, can't relate.

It has been thundering all day but no rain as of yet except for Joey's irrigation system.  I like listening to it when it's in close range.  One can always imagine that it's REALLY raining.  One time when Patsye was here she tried to call her brother to tell him to "turn the rain on!"  It is pretty fascinating how far agriculture has come since my Daddy's sharecropping days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment