Saturday, July 8, 2023

trust and obey

Being unemployed again has kind of taken the wind out of my sails but I see it as God sending me in another direction.  I never really imagined that I would be this age looking for work to supplement SS but here we are.  I reckon I should have stayed on at the sawmill past 62 but my body couldn't take it.  As fate would have it after I left, there was no more lifting like what killed my shoulders.  I'm happy for them because most are very young and eager.  What we went through over the years was pretty much back breaking work.  Picking up reagents and stocking them in the refrigerator is something that has been outsourced to another company that technically "owns" the lab.  If I had a dollar for every time I rotated reagents in that big ass refrigerator I'd be a millionaire.  Obviously, I am not.  I'm talking sitting on the floor with somebody handing me boxes to shuffle in and out.

I cleaned all the cardboard out of my car today in anticipation of my new job.  I'll need to use some Armour All and Windex plus a good vacuuming but that's way past due anyway.  I tend to live in my car which includes eating in it!  We just had a monsoon pass through and the car was under the carport so no rain washing today.  At this rate the yard will have to be mowed again.

I am trying not to stress and let go of things because really?  It's out of my hands.  Y'all keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment