Tuesday, July 4, 2023

a capitol fourth

My parents LOVED Independence Day.  So do I in some form or fashion.  I'm proud we got cut loose from England but I'm not really proud of who we are as a country today.  Y'all know the details so I wwill not rant on.  One of the best movies I've ever enjoyed was Born on the 4th of July with Tom Cruise.  It is an accurate picture of what those veterans faced when they returned.  

Every time there is a war, people suffer and that really isn't what God intends for us.  It literally makes me sick to watch the evangelical right judge and become involved in politics.  I have many dear friends in that community but, I digress.  I learned in Civics class how it all works and usually it rings true.  Life isn't fair, at all.  Thank goodness we have friends and family to help us through the dark times.  It looks like I'll be changing career directions once again so I'll keep ya' posted.  Who would have ever thought I would be 67 and still on the job. I'm not real good at the sammich shop side but I'm a whiz with old folks.  Because I am one!  

Gettin' old ain't so bad.  You get away with a lot of stuff because people understand that the mind goes and you hurt.  I was invited to a rib party tonight but el baggo acted up and I decided to stay here.  That bitch don't play.  I had to turn the oven on to bake my friends some corn so we are currently cooling the house down.  Today was much nicer!  Maybe only 6.50 ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment