Sunday, July 2, 2023

judge not

I learned the proper way to say Philistines today while MB preached about David and Goliath.  That story came to life in front of me today along with some hard talk about how we are willing to go in faith to help God's purpose.  The shepherd king was busy working two jobs but was called into action by Big Ernie.  Now I don't know about y'all but I think that takes a lot of guts.  He TOLD him plainly he was gonna' cut his head off.  Which was probably a big one.

Sojourners was good too.  We got repurposed Father's day talk and what struck  me the most was what he said about how people can change.  We all know that change is hard, especially the kind that makes you go "why me?"  Gratitude and humility have come slowly in my life but in the end, it's all that keeps my boat floating.  We are all different and sinful in our own ways.  And we are not the ones to hold them accountable That's all on us to be accountable.  Just doing something kind like opening a door or saying "have a great day" can keep somebody from jumping off the bridge.  Trust me, I've been there.  As a young twenty something with a broken heart my friend and I sat on the bridge across the Big Muddy and just talked.  Obviously I didn't jump because I'm still here writing therapy notes everyday.  If you read about yourself, just know that I love you like chicken ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment