Thursday, July 27, 2023

drop foot

My tennis shoes are like way old and I wear them everyday...with socks.  And I can't flex my left foot but I'm doing home PT and MFR.  I noticed earlier in the week that my gait was off and had a bad night with leg cramps and ankle jerking.  That hasn't happened since I quit taking chelated mag and hylands.  I now have both.

My days are full now with things to do and people to see.  I'm picking up my lunch before work and heading out into the boonies.  There's several creepy kudzu pits there by the creek.  If you don't hear from  me look for the car in winter!

Oscar, though not itch free, is much better.  He sleeps at night and I think one more pill will do the job.  Or kill him....who knows.  He's an old dude but he handles the traffic just fine.  Every time Bubba pulls up with Sadie in the back he tells me with a welcoming bark.  Umm. Right.  He doesn't behave like Sadie who sits and stays and eats ice in the truck bed.  

Him just wants to stay in the cool house and go out to poop and raise hell when somebody dares to show up.  He came to my old house twice asking us to take him.  That happened thanks to the Animal Shelter.  When we first adopted him there were two others.  Sam was a Jack Russell mix who came to us one holiday as a gift for Daddy.  He had just lost his border collie because he fell out of the truck and got drug down the highway to Halls.  Sam was next.

And then there Ellie the beautiful chocolate lab that my friend gifted to me, all fees paid plus food.  She loved it up on the hill where there wasn't much traffic but then I moved down here where people fly.  Last I heard she was in Illinois.  Beautiful loving girl!

I'm walking around in sock feet wishing the floor was clean but eventually it will be.  The bathroom is always a challenge for an ostomate.  The air is so thick with chemicals and other shit around here that you can see it.  Weather Undergound definitely does not know air quality when you are in the midst of that.  

I'm getting really good at game shows so me and my client win a lot.  I even talk to the TV, bless me.  She lovesmelovesme she says.  She loves Connie the best and I don't blame her.  That woman is a powerhouse!

I'm thinking that I'll be back at Bemis Sunday with the girls.  I wish somebody would bring their kids!  That poor acolyte is the oldest one ever.  But hey...he's carrying the flame. And Reaves gets chip and a big dose of Ms Juanita!  There's a story there for another time.

Y'all be good this weekend and stay cool if possible.  Ree a Ree time^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment