Thursday, July 6, 2023

when one door closes

Welp, I am officially unemployed again.  Joe's Downtown Market is no more.  I kinda' sorta' saw this coming so I've been networking for other jobs.  I had fun there and enjoyed seeing all the folks that came in every day.  They had a very long run but as with any business it's hard to find reliable help.  As God worked it out, I had a chance meeting with an old friend last week that may turn into a good opportunity for both of us.  There's that rainbow I was looking for. 

It's a big news day in the little 'burg with a body found floating in the Obion River and two serious accidents on highway 104.  One was a tree that fell across the highway effectively blocking that route and another was a fatal accident up at the intersection with Highway 51 South.  

I slept long and hard last night and got up feeling sort of wonky so I checked my BP and it was 120/60.  I know that's "wonderful" to doctors but it makes me feel like crap.  Such is life.  At least I won't have a stroke, hopefully.

My 50th class reunion is just three months away!  We have all worked hard to make it happen.  It's so odd because so many people are just not interested or don't want to be found.  They don't know what they're missing.  Every month or so we lose another classmate because we are "of that age."  

Y'all don't ever forget that God loves everybody and you're next ^j^

 


No comments:

Post a Comment