Monday, March 6, 2023

in the dark

New beginnings usually happen when you hit rock bottom.  And of course it is the Lenten season and we are all in the desert for 40 days.  Friday during the whatever the heck it was with 60 mph straight line wind I lost power at around 1PM and it didn't come back on until 24 hours later.  I had the best.shower.ever on Sunday morning and headed on up to church at FUMC.  There's been a lot of drama there lately.  After the power came back on the internet was out for a day but those trusty Forked Deer people got it all done in a couple of days which is remarkable.  There's something about guys in bucket trucks that fascinates me.  Our little community here on Samaria Bend thought it would take DAYS.  

I have two perennials up at my old house that must be moved.  Me and Joy went up there today (with Oscar hanging out the window) to see if I could dig 'em up and transplant down here.  One is Daddy's burgandy peony bush that I moved up there after he died and am now wanting it to be back from whence it came.  The other is a tree peony with frilly pink blooms that I bought from Randy Burns when he had a nursery in South Dyersburg.  That place was the ultimate perennial garden with so many interesting plants.  He is also a well respected artist.

My focus has changed quite a bit.  Everywhere I go I see a story waiting to be told.  And you know what?  People like to read that stuff.  Human interest and history including somebody they know and respect.  I am grateful for that opportunity and it's kind of fun meeting new folks and sharing stories about current events.  I am seriously at a crossroads in my golden years but I reckon everybody is.  

I am prayerful ^j^  

No comments:

Post a Comment