Friday, March 24, 2023

take a break

As days go, these past two have been glorious.  I mean not like, weather wise but the experiences.  My brother and I bonded with a whole bunch of farmers yesterday at the fairgrounds and enjoyed some really good food.  Our table mates were a small acreage farmer who does beans only and his lovely mother.  From Brownsville, I believe.  I learned a lot that I didn't have a clue about and had Bubba coaching me on questions.  

My road is the perfect little hidey hole for delivery and service trucks to kill a few minutes while out and about to call their girlfriends/wives/mommas so I am never surprised to see them parked on the road for a bit.  As long as the truck is marked I don't worry.  Occasionally I will run across a shady looking character like the time Lorna and I chased a guy all the way to town who was having sex in the driveway to the dairy barn.  This guy was smooth and when he pulled out had something hanging out of the trunk to cover his license plate.  One of these days I'm gonna' get shot playing citizens' arrest.

I woke up to a monsoon this morning and there is oh so much more in the forecast.  Oscar hates the storms and is right under my butt panting and shaking the whole time.  At night he can't manage to jump on the bed so he just puts his face right in mine and breathes like he's dying.  Poor baby.

Knocking on wood here, all things seem to be on go for Lauren's furniture transport tomorrow.  The dresser is in the back of my car and Logan will handle the rest.  I saw no need to unload that dresser so it's been riding with me for a week now.  I'll miss that little rattle....not.  

Y'all watch out for flash flooding and tornado sirens.  And keep the faith ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment