Tuesday, February 28, 2023

gratitude

Day by day is a mantra for me.  Things get tough but I am forever humbled by the life I have been given, imperfect and all.  I'm retired and living in the homeplace thanks to my heritage.  It's kind of junky right now but I'm working on it. Along with gratitude comes humility.  Jesus met the sick where they were and healed them on the spot.  His miracles and parables are what keep me from giving up.  I can be kind of stupid on occasion.  My therapist tells me not to be so hard on myself.  Everybody messes up at one time or another.  What counts is when somebody reaches out and takes your hand.  No preaching or judgement, just worship and prayer.

Been talking to my buddy Jimmy about life and such.  He actually suggested a story about an old Dyersburg band in the 'burg.  He knows it by heart because he was a drummer first and then a lead vocalist.  There were all kinds of famous people up in there like uh...y'all can name them.  I believe that Larry Mack, Butch Pritchett and Tommy Cathey were involved.  Jimi Jamison and Gary Hager.  I guess you had to be there!  

I would be remiss to omit Tommy Criswell my dear friend.  He's dead also.  But you know what?  Those were the days when we looked forward to dancing at the American Legion or wherever.  There was a venue right down the highway from me and I went down once or twice but it burned.  Help a girl out and give me the name. We are a southern tradition of rivers and bridges and tacky trailers on the side of the road.  We went to Halls on 210 today and marveled at the old two lane that is shut off when the water's up.  We got all the business done and were in and out in 10 minutes.  After that we went to the sheriff's office to pick up a short version of what happened yesterday as reported by me to a very nice officer.  All day long I was asking for an investigator because it was kind of complicated what with the cyber criminals.  I heard there was a lot of drama out on the streets.

I saw two TBI agents in the Chick yesterday while picking up lunch.  There was this huge guy with an Air Doc shirt on.  He didn't look like much of a flight guy and as it turned out, he was HVAC. Alrighty then!   That place is busy busy.  I hear they're adding another drive through lane but uh...where?  That one is backed up in a circle around the building.  I just park in the lot and go in and see Debra and Christine and that cute little guy who serves the tables.  I've watched him from day one and he can carry two trays now.  I didn't notice until yesterday that there's a play space.  Handy!

This old girl is grateful for a lot things like Faith, Joy, Peace and Love.  Let us all reflect during the Lenten season about those 40 days in the desert and wilderness ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment