Friday, March 10, 2023

the dance

Reaves danced with her daddy last night and looked totally adorable doing it. She is five and that's a big deal for a little girl.  We didn't have such back in my day but I always danced with my daddy  Sometimes it was in the living room listening to old records on their player.  In later years, it was us dancing across Kroger while we shopped.  He could still cut a rug! My daddy was a tenor who never gave up on choir until he became homebound.  Mama, however, couldn't carry a tune in a bucket but she made a joyful noise. She converted him from Baptist to Methodist when I was about two.  And that is where I grew up.  There was not a lot of youth activities back then other than little old ladies teaching SS and leading MYF.  I talked recently to the first guy who gave a damn about the teenagers and formed a group council for us.  Larry Tubb still serves one church or another filling in at 81 years old.  

I did a very stupid thing the other day and picked up a transplant without gloves on.  My neighbor dug it up and it's still in a pot out back with plentiful poison ivy around the root ball.  Live and learn and use benadryl  plus aloe vera with lidocaine.    And hydrocortisone cream!  Dry that shit up girl.  

It's Friday so I'm up late,   See y'all tomorrow ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment